Friday, January 23, 2009

Running on the big boat

To begin, this is a post about cruising. It's baffling to me, and I wanted to warn you in advance so you can skip this one before reading any further if you're so inclined. My parents are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary this month so last week we left the kids with Tami's parents and went on a cruise with all my siblings, their spouses and my parents. I'm the youngest of six kids so there were 14 of us total. A cruise wasn't my first choice, but your parent's 60th celebration is the place to go along. Turns out this might have been the perfect trip for a big family with varying interests and lifestyles (I guess that's every family). We all got to do our own thing, but still we're together and played a lot of cards and ate many meals together. Running on the ship left something to be desired but I was prepared for that. I felt fortunate for the treadmill (can't believe I'm saying that) and all the drills I've learned in Kyle's strength classes. I even got a couple good runs in at ports which is always my favorite way to explore a new place anyway. All and all, a great trip. Fun to celebrate my parents, and great to get some time with Tami. As always, it's good to come home to Central Oregon. Cheers-Teague

No comments: