Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!























Wow! People apparently really like Pie. Today was the second Footzone "I like pie run" and it drew quite a crowd. I was expecting about 100 or so as last year we had 60 so I figured we would have more this year. Well I was blown away as over 200 showed up to run and eat some pie. But even with the massive horde of runners the spirit of the event was maintained. I never intended this to be a race or competitive in the slightest so it was nice to see people out having fun and getting some exercise before the big meal. Definitely props to the Foster clan and friends for the spectacular costumes. That is what the I like pie run is all about.
We had over 20 pies entered in the contest with Tracy Miller taking home the prize for here efforts. I think it had something to do with the fact that her pie was still warm when she brought it in. It was great that there were so many homemade yummy pies for us to enjoy and thanks to all who participated.
As an extra bonus we totally filled my Subaru station wagon up with food for the formerly know as COCAN Neighbor Impact. Thank you all for keeping the spirit of the holiday alive while getting some exercise.
Peace out,
dave

No comments: