Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Icebreaker merino & other techie fun...

Well, I rarely get too fired up about clothing; however, my dorkiness will be completely revealed in this entry. I remain so impressed by the Icebreaker merino wool t-shirt that I'm showing great restraint in my praises for this fabric. Amy and I were in Hood River last weekend exploring, mountain biking, and enjoying an abundace of fruit and vegetable stands . We opted to camp (Tollbridge County Park is awesome by the way) and wakened each morning with the sudden chill of fall approaching. We packed minimally and by the end of the weekend I was clearly the minimalist victor. My winning piece of 'gear,' the 4 year old Icebreaker merino T. I wore it for nearly 3 of 4 days in some fashion; as a driving shirt (although soft it didn't quite match up to the softness of my deerskin driving gloves), as a baselayer beneath my cycling jersey(Amy tries to avoid close encounters w/ me after cycling), as a post mtn. bike T, and to culminate its impressiveness, I even slept in it one night... Now, I'm not certain what the reader's impression will be by all this... But, I'd like to think that I'm a little bit of a clean freak and more than hygienic so when a t-shirt doesn't even hint at a stink after wearing to that extent (and Amy is still willing to sit next to me) I'll give it my two thumbs up.

On a quick sidenote, the days are getting shorter and you need a little light that packs a punch! Check out the e+Lite by Petzl.

Until next time-- keep running.
Rob

No comments: